Monday, February 19, 2007

Scanning Blues




I feel slightly ripped off with this particular post. I just spent the last 2 hours painting a really rough layout but I cannot transfer it digitally accurately because a) my scanner is too small, and despite now having the money to get a scanner, I am having a notoriously difficult time finding one b) my scanner is completely changing the colours in the painting. Fortunately the colours remained more or less intact when I shot it with a camera, and I am hoping to do the second half of this painting in photoshop. Perhaps afterwards I will then recreate it in actual paint. Perhaps not. In any case, this is a Work in Progress, definately not a finished product, but I feel quite content to have accomplished this much in 2 hours. The rest is all detailing, and I am much more confident doing this in photoshop than in real paint.

The drawings are little sketches that I technically did before bed last night, when I spent an hour doing some studies of random things. Most of it was either others work, or not great (such as the examples here) but it does show what I have been up to in the past day.

As for my homework - today I spent the day working on my animation. Through Kill Bill, Kill Bill 2, The Last Samurai, and then half of the Last Samurai with commentary on, I managed to clean up 36 drawings of around 130 due thursday. Keeeeep on truckin'! Also I went to go help out some friends of mine that are applying to animation.

Oh, and finally despite the fact that this post reads as monday at 6am, I still techincally consider this Sunday night, because I have not gone to bed yet. So this is my sunday post. Later Folks!

No comments: