Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Contrast Rocks the Universe!





okay... so about a year ago I discovered that contrast was pretty much everything with pretty much everything. I don't care if it is life experiences, tone, colour, pacing in a story - it pretty much rocks the world. Today I learned this in a totally new way. I messed around with my contrast and brightness settings on my monitor, and then signed into Star Wars Galaxies and WHAMMO! wow - all of the sudden every planet in the game looked like a beautiful painting. It blew me completely away, and I can now totally do some awesome colour studies from the pallettes they used in the game. So tonight I have some SWG sketches to show off, and some doodles from in class. The rest of the day has been spent animating. Which is becoming less annoying. Hopefully this lasts!

No comments: