Thursday, November 4, 2010

Gamer's room



I'm going to give myself some distance from this painting to see if I'm really finished or not. But I am fairly happy with it so far. I set up a second monitor so that I could paint zoomed in, and just look at the other monitor to see the overall effect. I it worked out pretty well, except that my second monitor being a cheaper end led has very saturated colours without a complete tonal range. I was able to fix it with most colours, but it leaves pinks coming out VERY bright magenta if they are anything above a midtone... I'll have to see if I can tweak the colour temperature of the monitor to fix it.

3 comments:

Christina Dee said...

I like the colors in this a lot! it's like half dorm room, half mad scientist's lab lol

Will said...

Oh my god! Hey Christina! How have you been doing? I took a look at your blog and your paintings are beauuutiful!!!!

Christina Dee said...

Thanks Will!! I've been well, working freelance. Hope you've been doing well too! I really like the lighting in the painting on the post above :D