Friday, September 26, 2008

More sketches


I have found that for café sketches it is doubly beneficial for me to sketch a lot of people from far away - that way you only pick out tonally the key features -and also they are less likely to notice you. I blocked in a lot of sketches, then made the mistake of rendering the best ones first while I was still cold. As a reslut the best rendered were the most mediocre charicatures of the bunch - but they are here anyways.

I need to do more studies of drapery, lighting, and the feel of hair before I can properly apply these while doing café sketches... but the distanced sketching helped (less details , more tone - details added later).

in the offchance that anyone is reading this - I would love to figure out how to link to other blogs... maybe I should take a day off one of these days and just figure that out + make a nice layout or something.

No comments: